Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm back

So what's a year off of blogging?  It's been that long, but I'm back-

Don't know what it is lately, but a lot of women have been writing into my site and saying that their husbnads and or boyfriends invade their privacy on a regular basis.  In other words, behind their backs they look at their e mials,  check their cell phones follow them on twitter, and read their credit card bills. 

I received a profound mail recently from  a woman who shared with me the reality of her long term marriage.  She wrote that she'd never sought advice before and found the prospect of asking me ,encouraging for a number of reasons. beginning with the idea that  I don't know her.  I could quite possibly listen to her life with an objective opinion, and because she was so anxious for direction, she stated she was going to be as candid and honest as possible.  After hearing the quick run down on her decades long marriage, she finds herself completely unstimulated in every way by her husband.  The same, boring, drab, uneventful life day after day, in fact she shared that in order to actually enjoy sex with her husband it was necessary for her to have at least 2 glasses of wine.   After a good amount of description,  her question to me was, did I think she should get divorced? Or,  did I think, her marriage had lasted too long for her to get divorced. 

Herers the shocker.  The following day I saw her name on my site mail again, I opened it up and she'd written the next morning informing me she'd forgotten to mention what a crazy stalker privacy invader her husband was.  So much so, that she was awoken at 3 am by her husband that night asking her why in the world she was writing some woman for advice on their marriage.  He'd read my advice back before she.  I have to say I was flabberghasted.  Her second e mail came form a different address, and she claimed he would probally have the password to that one as well.  Help!  was her last line.

This has never happened before, not that I am aware of, and as often as I do hear women saying their husbands, boyfriend' seem to want to track their every move, this particular one blew me away.

Where is the line, and what really does it mean when a man or for that matter a woman becomes so insecure and unsure of things it leads them down this destructive road. No matter how  you spin it, the road, this possessive ugly tiresome road of doubt and insecurity.  What does it take to being a person to behave this way and what do we think about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home